Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Six children cannot take care of one mother?

I think that it depends on the relationship between the parent and the children. If it was a bad relationship then I believe that most children will not take care of the parent. I think a good indicator is how close the children live to the parent.


When children grow up and become adults, they usually have their own lives, most of them tear themselves away from their native place, or move out from parents's house.

However, it is unfortunate that the "normal" way of life these days puts a lot of pressure on adults,it is hard enough for a child to take care of their own children, let alone their aging parents.


I think that each of the six children has different priorities. Some may be relieved that they have a sibling who will take care of Mom so they don't have to.

Personally, I am raising my children to be competent, responsible, and independent. I never want to be a burden to them when they are grown and have their own families. But, I would hope that I raised them to always love and respect me enough that they would want to help me when I am aging if I needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment