Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Important Decision in My Life

Have you ever had to make an important decision that would change your life? People make decisions all the time, but it is impossible to count how many decisions you have made in your lifetime. However, the most important decision can change your life and it can't be forgotten. The most important decision was I made up my mind to go back to school and I have been deeply affected by it.

It happened in 2008. I was a supervisor and worked for a NB OEM factory over ten years. One day, when we held a staff meeting and at the beginning of meeting, all the staffs were sat ready in the meeting room, and then gossiped about one of my colleagues has passed the exam of University and will major in Applied Foreign Languages. Everyone admired her for her determination. My boss suddenly sneered at me, and then said, “You will be impossible to go back to school because you were too busy to do that.” And he continued said, “You were a housewife! You would hardly make it” I couldn’t believe that he was so looked down his nose at me. I was depressed and angry. Finally, I realized that it’s the key reason why I always can’t get the promotion even though I worked so hard and did my best for my job for passed ten years. It’s really unfair.

After that, I decided to apply for the exam of Lunghwa University in the same year. Luckily, I passed the exam and majored in English as well. That’s really bracing me up. Time is short; I have studied at Lunghwa over one year. I never thought that I could overcome it, but I did it. The truth thing was I did play three roles: a mother, a housewife, and a working woman. That is really a biggest challenge to me in my life. I am exhausted, but I tell myself I wouldn’t give it up. Last year, I also faced our company’s merge to foreign company, and next I have been laid off on April, 2009. At last, I become an unemployed person until on October, 2009.

During unemployed period, I have a chance to look backward and forward carefully, and then thought about what the most important thing in my near future is. The answer was kept going back to school, learning English well. Because I went back to school for study, my English abilities have become more and more progressed. I also became more and more confident to speak English. The decision I made changing my life. Because of the background at Lunghwa University, I got a new job recently, although it’s a tough job, no matter I could conquer it or not. But I have confidence to face any difficult situation.

Most of people have to make important decisions during their lifetime, but people should be sure of what they choose because of it depends their happiness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment