Saturday, August 15, 2009

Love Story

Title: Lover Story

Author: Erich Segal

Publisher: Oxford Bookworms

Date of Publication: Third impression 1992

Pages: 58 pages

Major Characters:

Oliver Barrett- He is a Harvard sportsman and he plays hokey very well. His father is a banker and very rich. He has a bad relationship with his father.

Jennifer Cavilleri is music student, and she loves classic music and she is a smart and beautiful girl. She has a good relationship with her father.

Plot Summary:


Oliver Barrett the Fourth is a big Harvard sportsman. He's rich, he's clever, he's good with girls. Jennifer Cavilleri is a music student. She's beautiful, she's clever and she thinks big Harvard sportsmen are stupid. When they meet, they fall in love. But is any love story without problem? Oliver's father is a rich banker in Boston, and Jenny's father is a poor baker is Rhode Island. This is a story about different kinds of loving. Oiver finds it easy to love Jenny, but he can't learn to love his father. Jenny teaches Oliver about loving, about dying, about being strong. And Oliver learns that "Love means you never have to say you're sorry".

Comments:

My first contact with this book was when I was 18 and I bought it because it's an assignment from my English teacher. I never actually read the book, but I still remembered that I had seen the film when I was young. I found it on my book shelf last week; it filled with dust on the cover. When re-read this book, it recalls my old memories at that time. I tried to read it again, and it still touching my heart.

The catch phrase of the book, “Love means you never have to say you're sorry." That's right! I totally agree with Jennifer's concept. When you love someone with your true heart, then you will admire his/her virtue and accept his/her fault. I think that the greatest love in the world is parent's love. They love their children with their whole life. They always do their best to protect us. We should be treasure our families.

In this book, it has taught me a lot about how to build relationships and also how it can be the differences between two people that make them so close. It states so many points which are relevant to life. And I do know that it is the most touching book that I have ever read, and the one which has left the biggest impression on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment