Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Simpsons Movie

In the first place, there was a performing on the Springfield Lake, everybody enjoyed listening to music. When the rock band would like to say something about the environment, audiences were silent at that moment, then things became out of control, everyone throw their garbage at the lake, then one guy said that “Pollution in your lake, it is dissolving our barge.” Then, all members of band were killed because of the toxic lake. Although it overstated the plot, but I think that the author wants to convey the serious problem to people who do not care about our environmental pollution.

I was impressed on the another scene, when the EPA captured the squirrel which has thousand eyes, and then the head of EPA proposes five unthinkable options to President, but the President just random choice one and said “I was elected to lead, not to read.” The author wants to convey that the politicians always only care about the power and benefits, but don’t care about citizens are dead or live.

I had never seen the Simpson before, but when I watched it I was surprised at how much funny it is but I think when Bart is riding his skateboard naked, it was really too exaggerated, but it made me laugh. I like this movie because it use humor, irony, overstating and funny methods to highlight and express the serious problem of the environment and use irony to mock politicians. Also, it shows about family love and the relationship between parents and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment